Season: November 01. - March 31.
Try reindeer sledding, the oldest means of transportation in the north, with authentic Sami guides from the family-run company Tromsø Lapland and stay with us for the night in a traditional Saami tent in beautiful north Norwegian nature.
The location has little artificial light and excellent conditions to look for the Northern Lights. Instead of heading back to the city center where you might miss a late-night dance from Lady Aurora, stay on this good location in a traditional Sami tent known as lavvo, and sleep on reindeer hides in winter-insulated sleeping bags. Since you are located a good distance from the bright lights of the city, you can thoroughly enjoy the splendors of the night sky.
This cultural adventure includes approximately 30-minutes of reindeer sledding, before you can enjoy a hot meal served in our lavvo while listening to stories about the Sami culture and history.
Allow yourself to become one with nature and replenish your mind and soul on your overnight excursion with us. After breakfast the next day you are transferred back to the city by bus starting at around 10:00 from the camp. You are back in Tromsø city center at around 11:00 (11am).
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
* All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others.
* The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
* Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled.
* Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding is subject to snow and when there is not enough snow we offer Reindeer Feeding and Saami Culture instead (NOK 1195 per person)
Radisson Blu Hotel at 18:00 in the evening and you are back in the city at around 11:00 the next day (17 hours)
What is included:
Adult (18+ yrs) NOK 2995,-
Youth (13-17 yrs) NOK 2650,-
Child (4-12 yrs) NOK 1500,-
Infant (0-3 yrs) NOK 300,-
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(