Season: November 01. - March 31.
Try reindeer sledding, the oldest means of transportation in the north, with authentic Sami guides from the family-run company Tromsø Lapland and stay with us for the night in a traditional Saami tent in beautiful north Norwegian nature.
The location has little artificial light and excellent conditions to look for the Northern Lights. Instead of heading back to the city center where you might miss a late-night dance from Lady Aurora, stay on this good location in a traditional Sami tent known as lavvo, and sleep on reindeer hides in winter-insulated sleeping bags. Since you are located a good distance from the bright lights of the city, you can thoroughly enjoy the splendors of the night sky.
This cultural adventure includes approximately 30-minutes of reindeer sledding, before you can enjoy a hot meal served in our lavvo while listening to stories about Sami culture and history.
Allow yourself to become one with nature and replenish your mind and soul on your overnight excursion with us. After breakfast the next day you are transferred back to the city by bus starting at around 10:00 from the camp. You are back in Tromsø city center at around 11:00 (11am).
* All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others.
* The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
* Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled (only participants traveling together).
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
* Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding activity in the tour is subject to snow and weather conditions and may be cancelled on short notice - however, the rest of the tour will (usually) run as planned. Call or write to our office to check the latest update if you are uncertain due to challenging weather-conditions. You will be offered a partial refund should the sled-ride be cancelled.
*The tour does not involve living with a Sámi family.
Radisson Blu Hotel at 18:00 in the evening and you are back in the city at around 11:00 the next day (17 hours)
What is included:
- Scenic transfers (45 min each way)
- Knowledgeable English- and Norwegian-speaking guide
- Thermal winter suit, warm boots
- Reindeer sledding (approx. 30 min, depending on weather and snow conditions)
- Feeding the herd of hundreds of reindeer on our camp
- Hot traditional Sámi meal (bithos) and hot drinks. Vegetarian option available on request.
- Cultural introduction to Sámi history and daily life
- Local guide
What to bring:
- Warm clothes, especially hat and mittens
Adult (18+ yrs) NOK 3700,-
Youth (13-17 yrs)/Student with valid ID NOK 3300,-
Child (4-12 yrs) NOK 1850,-